Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I had another "Smell" moment this morning...

One of my first blog entries was about the smell of bananas, and how I will forever associate it with kindergarden. This morning I had another "way back" memory. My husband was lighting a block of pinion pine incense which I had gotten years ago in Gallop, NM. I love the smell, and as I don't know when I'll ever get another bag of them, I've been loath to burn them all up.

But life goes on and so it's time to use them and I do love the smell. He lit one this morning and within a couple of minutes the kitchen and living room had that incredible smell of a mountain morning in Arizona where I grew up - I could hear Mom making breakfast: bacon and bacon gravey, biscuits, scrambled eggs, coffee. I could hear Daddy talking about the horses. There was wind in the pines outside the open windows. And the faint smell of pinion pine from the fireplace from the evening past.
It was the best of memories, and one I hold dear.




1 comment:

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

What a wonderful memory!